Shoes and clothing
We want you to be safe AND comfortable on your trip.
A lot of that will depend on whether or not you have appropriate shoes and clothing.
Here are three basic recommendations:
- Bring two pairs of comfortable, water-resistant shoes, rain gear, and an umbrella;
- Bring clothes that are warm enough for unusually cold and windy weather in case you encounter it on your trip; and
- Don’t be fooled (by unseasonably warm weather at home the day before your trip departs) into bringing only spring or summer clothing.
Three big mistakes
The three biggest mistakes we see kids make are:
- not bringing two pairs of comfortable walking shoes, and
- not bringing rain gear (including an umbrella),
- not bringing clothing that’s warm enough for unusually cold weather.